Spotify Albums for Baby Sleep Time



If you have an infant, or even older child, most likely your baby likes music. Whether it's during the day, or during the night time, it's in our blood to like music. Ryan, our daughter, is no exception. She is like both her father and mother, with an eclectic taste in music at the moment (or, well, she is a baby so she just doesn't care). She enjoys listening to dance/house music with me during the day on occasion, but she really seems to calm down with soothing soft sounds at night.

Firstly, if you do not have spotify, you're missing out! It's a great music application for both your phone, ipad and computer that all syncs together with an account (you can even link it to your facebook if you please). The music is free! The only downside with free is that you have to listen to ads every once in a while. If you're on the computer you can select whatever song you want, and skip how many times you want. However, with the free app you are limited in song skips and can only play "shuffle". Though the good part about all of that is you still get to find and pick what album you want to listen to, so it's nothing like pandora (which I got rid of years ago once I found spotify!). You can even make your own playlists with whatever songs you want to, so that you can always listen to them later on your iphone/ipad on shuffle; it's like making a bunch of mix tapes and having them wherever you go.

Now, with having just boosted Spotify like I work there (I am not affiliated with them, or anyone else for that matter, by the way!) let me give you some albums Ryan has been calming down to, since she got over her "Blue Christmas" constantly on phase.

Hush Little Baby

This is your typical baby lullaby album, pure instrumental classics such as "Rock-a-Bye Baby" and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Ryan certainly seem to enjoy it and it definitely helped her close her eyes and drift off to sleep (most nights) like they're meant to do.

Rock Piano Baby Lullaby

I found this album when looking for something other than the typical lullabies, as I was getting pretty tired of hearing the same ones over and over again (I mean, they are also on every single toy for babies). Ryan loves it as well, she has fallen asleep with this on plenty of times. It's very calming with typical rock (and not so rock) such as "Stairway to Heaven" and "Sweet Child of Mine". This isn't much of a lullaby type of album, but more of an acoustic sound with no words.

20 Rock Lullabies

This rendition of rock songs (such "Free Fallin'" or "I Want You to Want Me") is much more of a baby musical album. It's still pretty nice, and good for us adults who want something different than the usual lullabies all the time.

Lullabies for Deep Meditation (Sleep Music with Relaxing Sounds of Nature)

This is an album I found when I was desperate one night looking for some kind of meditation music to sooth her back to sleep. The lullabies weren't really working at the time, and this album helped calm her down with "Relax and Sleep". Honestly, while having this on repeat and rocking her to sleep beside my bed I felt relaxed a little more myself. So on those days you just feel stressed and need some relaxing music for both mom and baby, give this one a try and let me know how you felt.

Evening Acoustic

This has been a new favorite, I guess more so for me than Ryan since she can't speak just yet. After a while I learned that she seemed to like music more with words (she was hooked on Elvis for a good week,and I swear it was his voice that soothed her, and kept her relaxed throughout the night), so I looked in the Browse section and found this lovely album with acoustic music that even adults can fall in love with (depending on your taste I guess).



If none of these work for your baby you can always search on Spotify for new albums to try, and don't forget to save them / follow them for later use (it's much easier to find them that way). Also, if you like typical songs with a more mellow sound go to Spotify Browse > Sleep, they have tons of suggestions for you as well! Lastly, don't forget to let me know if any of these worked for your baby, or if you have found any one's you enjoyed.

Post a Comment