Apps for New Moms












After I had Ryan Shawn & I were looking all over for apps we could use for our new parenthood. We downloaded app after app trying to find something we both liked, and something we could use together (or that we could sync with my iPad Shawn got me that is saving my sanity most days now). The later was more difficult to find. I don't have many apps at this very moment for Ryan, as she is still just an infant. However, I want to help all those new moms out there looking for apps they can download without wasting their time trying to find ones they liked, like we did.




Baby Book (free)

This is my #1 favorite app by far. If you and/or your partner plan on keeping track of your newborns daily needs, this is an awesome app that you both can use on separate phones with one login, or allowing your partner to have a separate account but synced together. This app helps you track your feedings by allowing you to put in if you pumped, which breast you pumped from, formula or breast milk bottle & how many ounces. When your child gets older it even let's you track solid foods at well, having a text spot to write whatever your child ate. Track diaper changes in this app, and record if it was dirty, or just a wet one. We just started recently started tracking Ryan's sleeping schedule; it will time it for you if you want to keep it running, however you can always go back and manually change the times for anything on this app. You can even add your own note, for yourself or your partner in this app.

This app let's your view reports that show your tracking in a weekly graph or daily status since the very beginning. There is even another section for your baby's length, weight and head size in which also keeps a history record all nice and neat for you as well.

This app does have ads at the top of the section, as it is free, however it has never bothered me. If you prefer no ads, however, you can always upgrade for $1.99





Wonder Weeks ($1.99)

When Ryan was going through a little "phase" I was concerned and reached out to a friend of mine, another Mom of an infant. She suggested that it may just be her going through a "leap" and told me to check out this app. Even though I rarely buy apps, I found that this app was really helpful in knowing what is going on with Ryan during her "leaps" (growth spurts) and milestones she may be reaching soon. This app will take your baby's due date (not birth date) and let you know when his/her next leap will be. The leaps are described, as pictured above, with summaries, abilities, signs and help for mother's going through this phase with their little one. 





Babys Firsts

This app does not explain what is going on with your baby, or milestones they will be reaching. However, if you're a new mom who loves to take pictures of their "firsts" this app is something you may be interested in. It has plenty of categories to look for, and you can upload pictures you have already taken in your camera roll. Not only will it take your picture, but it adds a little design/frame to go along with the category you have selected. Not only does it keep cute memories of your child, when you are done a category you can even purchase a little book with those photos in them. (I have not bought any books myself, so I can not comment on the quality)





Spotify (free)

First off, if you do not already have spotify, you are missing out. Spotify has been my life saver since Ryan started to fight her sleep, and only found comfort with us holding her constantly. For about a week Ryan was only falling asleep to "Elvis - Blue Christmas" & instead of buying the song I played it for her on Spotify every night. Even though we have since forgotten about Elvis (for now) she still likes to fall asleep to music every night so my spotify is constantly on (and I mean every night). I love that I can add songs to my own special playlists (such as "Ryan's lullabys" or "Soft Music" - that we both like) and play them on there. If you get the free version you will have to hear some ads, have only a limited amount of skips, as well as only have the ability to play shuffle (instead of selecting a specific song) but if you don't mind that... this app is awesome! (Also, you can download it to your computer and use it on there as well - which I find preferable if I want to edit my playlists or listen to specific songs when I had the free version).

You can find Ryan's favorite albums to fall asleep to here.



So, Moms, what are your favorite apps?



Post a Comment